Are you a CHOCOALHOIC?
Then this receipe may be the cure in more ways than one.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate icing, not recommened but it is up to you
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
- OPTIONAL, ice the cake
Here is what you will need
Mix the ingredients and yes it is normal for the mixer to bog down under the thickness of this mix and chcolate chips.
Normally I just use a large pan but here we were making a birthday cake and the birthday boy was requesting an ILLADVISED double layer iced cake.
We divided the mix up between the two pans and baked at 350 degrees forabout 50 minutes.
THIS is really all you need, I do not recommend the icing and in my opnion I believe the icing takes away from the cake, try it both ways and decide for yourself.
Turn the cake over for the bottom to leave a flat top to work with for the icing and then add the second layer and ice again.
IF you must ice, use your favorite brand.
and you should end up with something like this
Again I must advise that in my opnion the cake is great with out any icing and I believe that the icing actually takes away from the cake. Again try it both ways and decide for your self.